REV04283 - Revell 1/72 B-17G "Flying Fortress"
Product:B-17G "Flying Fortress"
Category:Plastic Kits - New
Comment:Description Details below
The actual product may vary from the images shown on the website.
- CAN $42.95
- US $32.43
We deliver worldwide
New plastic model kit
The B-17 Flying Fortress is the best-known American bomber of World War II. Heavy losses in 1943, when a total of 120 bombers was shot down, lead to the conclusion that previous B-17 versions carried insufficient defensive armament. As a consequence, the front lower nose of the B-17G was equipped with a turret carrying two 12,7 mm machine guns, providing an effective defense against the feared frontal attacks. Simultaneously, supplementary gun positions were added to the fuselage sides. The crew now being able to defend itself in all directions resulted in a sense of safety, which was also reflected in its nickname Flying Fortress . Although it was mainly used over Europe and the Near East, it also delivered invaluable services in the Pacific theatre while flying sea patrol, reconnaissance and bombing missions. A total of 12.731 Flying Fortress was built of which 8.680 machines were G versions. The last B-17G left the factory on July 29, 1945. This B-17G-35-VE 42-97880 Little Miss Mischief was delivered on 23 March 1944 and served from 15 June 1944 till 4 April 1945 with the 91st Bomb Group, 324th Bomb Squadron in Bassingbourn, England and having flown 75 operational missions.
- New model form
- Detailed surface structure with engraved panel lines
- Detailed cockpit with side consoles and instrument panel
- Separate seats
- Complete bomb bay with bomb racks
- 4 boms
- Rotating chin turret
- Bomb aiming equipment with seat in nose
- Detailed radio/navigation compartment with radio boxes
- Side windows options for machine guns
- Rotating ball turret,- Detailed upper machine gun turret
- Optional clear parts for front, cockpit and central upper machine gun positions
- 2 optional tail machine gun positions
- Separate tail fin
- Wings can be built with landing flaps lowered
- 4 detailed radial engines with exhaust gas ring
- Cooling gills ring can be built open or closed
- Turbosupercharger imitation
- Separate air intake ducts
- Separate elevator and rudder
- Detailed undercarriage
Transfers for 2 USAAF versions:
- B-17G-35-VE, serial 42-97880, DF-F, Little Miss Mischief , 8th Air Force, 1st Air Division, 1st Combat Wing, 91st Bomb Group, 324rd Bomb Squadron, Bassingbourn, UK, Feb. 1945
- B-17G-35-BO, serial 42-31909, Nine O Nine 8th Air Force, 1st Air Division, 1st Combat Wing, 91st Bomb Group, 323rd Bomb Squadron, Bassingbourn, UK, April 1945
Collection Number0 - New Product
We do not accept returns or exchanges unless the item you purchased is defective or we made an error in filling your order. If you received a defective item or we filled the order incorrectly you must contact us within three days of receipt of the order, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with details of the product and the defect or the error made when filling your order.
We will try to process your email within seven business days and if approved we will issue a return material number that is required on the package when you send it back to us. Without the return material number displayed on the package, the package will be refused. Upon approval please ship the item to:
Wheels and Wings Hobbies
1880 Danforth Ave.
Upon receipt of the returned product, we will fully examine it and notify you via e-mail, within a reasonable period of time, whether you are entitled to a refund or a replacement as a result of the defect or error in filling your order. If you are entitled to a replacement or refund, we will replace the product or refund the purchase price, using the original method of payment.